What work is proposed?
We are planning to renovate much of our building to upgrade it from its current condition into irresistible environments. We have divided the project into 3 phases.
- Phase 1 – We upgraded our upstairs Kids Wing first, becuase kids and families are a vital part of our ministry. Our floors, ceilings, walls, and décor were updated and replaced. This project was completed in the fall of 2016.
- Phase 2 – The downstairs area of our building will be upgraded, including the bathrooms, the multi-purpose youth room, and hallways. New offices will be created for all our staff.
- Phase 3 – The current offices beside our auditorium will be blown out to make a large open lobby environment. An accessible washroom will be added in the lobby area as well.
How much will it cost?
- Phase 1 – The renovations upstairs cost $40,000.
- Phases 2 & 3 – The current target budget for the next two stages is $225,000. This is based on several preliminary estimates we have obtained from construction companies in the area.
Where will the funding come from?
- Phase 1 of the project was funded out of savings that the church had from the sale of property many years ago.
- Phases 2 & 3 of the project will be primarily funded from donations.
- We are asking our church family to make a commitment to building a legacy in this neighbourhood. This will only happen by sacrificing together and uniting our resources.
- We will be pursuing any available grants and fund programs for the portion of the costs associated with the accessible washroom and building upgrades.
- All funds designated to the Legacy Campaign will be kept in separate accounts from our operating budget.
What’s in it for me?
- Those contributing will have the opportunity to be part of the Legacy that we will create as a group of people building the kingdom of God in our neighborhood.
- Tax receipts will be issued for all monetary donations to the Legacy Campaign.
Who will oversee the project?
- A Legacy Committee has been formed to represent the entire diverse church body to oversee the planning, funding, and execution of the Legacy Campaign.
When will the work take place?
- The work will start as soon as the proper funding and planning have been put in place.
- Our first major project area will be the downstairs offices, washrooms, hallways, and youth/multipurpose room. We will need approximately $50,000 to fund this portion and our target is to have this raised by the end of 2017 so that the work can begin in 2018.
- Our hope is that the entire project would not take more than two years, but this is an estimate and we will navigate the funding and work progress as we go.
Can we help?
- Yes! We would love the help of any and all people for the various stages of the project.
- Anyone can contribute with prayers, encouragement, enthusiasm, suggestions, and finances. Volunteers and skilled laborers will be coordinated by the team, as scheduling and scope of work permits.